Educational Day Out
Set in a hundred acres of beautiful Somerset countryside, Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm offers everything you need for an educational, fun-packed trip in all weather. We have over 100 different animal species, from farm animals to Big Zoo animals such as bears, elephants, giraffes, lions, and rhinos! Educational field trips are a great way to learn and a day out at Noah's Ark Zoo Farm can provide great learning opportunities for all ages and abilities.
Our 'Learning Outside the Classroom' accredited Education Programme offers an extensive variety of teaching sessions and learning resources to help you communicate the National Curriculum in a fun, exciting environment. We offer a comprehensive range of workshops, all delivered with a hands-on focus which offers the opportunity to meet exciting live animals up close! Animal artefacts such as skulls, skins and feathers are often used to support learning. As well as our standard topics, we can also create a bespoke workshop on a topic of your choice. Most sessions are 30 minutes long but extended sessions can be offered. We can offer education sessions to any group, from early years to degree level, including groups with special needs.
We also have an action packed programme of daily events for you enjoy; there is something going on every 30 minutes! Our free talks are delivered by our keepers and offer up-close experiences with some amazing animals. These include a morning meerkat feed, seeing the lions and tigers being fed during the ‘Big Cat Talk’ and meeting our giraffe family at the daily encounter. Our educational Animal Show is very popular and ends with a chance to bottle feed our lambs.
We have plenty of indoor and outdoor areas for children to have their lunch and there is a room onsite where lunch bags can be stored throughout the duration of the visit.
What does a typical educational visit include?
- A wide selection of big zoo animals to see and enjoy
- Many other animals as well as the big zoo animals: crocodile, snake, tortoise, bison, red deer, tapir, lemurs, gibbons, birds of prey, camels and many, many more...
- Huge adventure playgrounds, indoor and outdoor
- Free educational Animal Show in the indoor arena, featuring live animals and a chance to bottle-feed our lambs
- Free self-led nature trail to follow around the site and learn about the native wildlife
- Hands-on approach to the animals; children can hold chicks, guinea pigs and rabbits
- Animal food can be purchased from the shop to feed our camels, deer, llamas, sheep and pigs
- Keeper talks throughout the day, including a Big Cat feeding talk and Giraffe talk
- Fun, bumpy and educational tractor rides at £1 per child
- Selection of interactive workshops linked to the National Curriculum in the indoor classroom (£25 per session) for all ages and abilities
- Comprehensive Teacher and Group Leader downloadable resources including Teaching Ideas sheets
- Free Coach Parking, free entry and complimentary cafe voucher for the driver
- Ice creams (£1) and goody bags (£1.50 or £2) can be booked in advance
We have a Teacher Resources page on our website to help you plan your trip; this includes guidance notes and a general risk assessment. If you are interested in a school trip to Noah’s Ark, you can arrange a free teacher visit where you’ll have the chance to pick up an education pack, take a tour of the site and see all of the facilities on offer.If you can’t make it to the zoo, then let us bring the zoo to you! Our education team can provide visits at a venue of your choice.