Work Experience (Block Placements)
Days per week: 5 (Monday – Friday)
Maximum duration: 3 weeks
Applications now open for 2017
Please read the information below before applying.
In order to be considered for this programme you must be:
- Year 10 in secondary school or above
- interested in animals (no specialist knowledge required)
- able to follow instructions effectively
- able to work independently
- hardworking, polite, enthusiastic and ready to get stuck in!
A work experience placement with Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm is varied and involves assisting with some of the following:
- daily husbandry of domestic and farm animals
- helping zoo keepers with food preparation
- care of exotic species (not guaranteed)
- preparation of food and water
- cleaning out animal pens and enclosures
- maintenance of animal enclosures
- animal enrichment
- animal handling, animal shows and educational workshops
Joining our programme offers a unique opportunity to work with a wide variety of animals and join an enthusiastic team. The work is physically demanding, so you will be expected to work hard, whatever the weather. However, it is also fun, and many of the activities are enjoyable and rewarding.
Uniform in the form of a t-shirt is required and provided at a small fee. We ask for facial piercings to be removed before work for health and safety reasons. Please note, the zoo is a no smoking area.
How to apply
To apply for a work experience place with us, please download the application form below and send it to our Work Experience Coordinator, Paula Takle.