We've had a brilliant summer this year with thousands of people coming through our gates.
Our first summer of Sunday openings, which we thoroughly enjoyed, seemed to go down well and our Global Passport event, turned our visitors into adventurers and helped us all 'travel the world' with our staycations.
So many events and some new arrivals, including Prairie Dog babies and a new Giant Anteater.
We started our Summer with Pete Blake's Venomous Snakes of the World Show. Always a great hit with our visitors!
We had our Big Bug Bonanza where visitors got to handle and learn about some of our bugs including Sunny Stick Insects, Madagascan Hissing Cockroaches, and Giant African Land Snails.
Then we had our amazing African Carnival on World Lion Day, which was not dampened by the wet weather, we had halfway through the summer. Cue the amazing music, the great dancing and huge African animals parading around the zoo.
BioBlitz was a great week with bug hunting and pond dipping and we found 20 species of different bugs in our conservation area.
Last but not least we had Primate Weekend on the last weekend of Summer.
We raised an impressive £875 which is enough to buy almost 2.5 acres of rainforest in Borneo with Kalaweit, the charity we were raising money for.
Passport discount T&Cs
- Valid for a maximum of 3 children off gate prices
- Not valid against discounted family tickets
- Only valid for repeat visits between 27 July and 1 September 2019
- Non-transferable, not for resale and no cash value
- Photocopies will not be accepted
- Limited to 1 return visit per passport
- Children must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Only valid for discount on a child’s day ticket