We are currently revamping our work experience and volunteering programme at Noah's Ark Zoo Farm. At present we are not accepting applications, please keep an eye on our website and social media for updates.
Please read the information below before applying.
In order to be accepted as a volunteer at Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm you must be:
- 13 years old or older
- willing to commit to at least one Saturday per month OR at least one day in every school holiday
- hardworking, polite, enthusiastic and ready to get stuck in!
- eager to gain skills with a wide variety of animals
Before being offered a volunteering place at Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm, you will be required to:
- complete a trial day
Volunteering at Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm is varied and involves assisting with some of the following:
- daily husbandry of domestic and farm animals
- helping zoo keepers with food preparation
- preparation of food and water
- cleaning out animal pens and enclosures
- maintenance of animal enclosures
- animal enrichment
- animal handling and animal shows
- fun days, stands and other events around site
Joining our programme offers a unique opportunity to work with a wide variety of animals and join an enthusiastic team. The work is physically demanding, so you will be expected to work hard, whatever the weather. However, it is also fun, and many of the activities are enjoyable and rewarding.
Please note there is a £10 admin fee which covers the induction process. Uniform in the form of a t-shirt is required and will be provided. We ask for facial piercings to be removed before work for health and safety reasons. Please note, the zoo is a no smoking area.
We have received some great feedback from volunteers:
"My favourite thing was helping with the Birds of prey and running the lambs back to the field at the end of the day."
"Both my supervisors were very nice and fun, always made sure we were happy and comfortable."
"My supervisor was very good. She split up the jobs very well, dedicating different jobs each day."