Zoo Reopens 12 April 2021
We are delighted to announce that the zoo has now received guidance from the government to allow us to reopen to the public on April 12th 2021. We are obviously delighted by this news and have been making plans to reopen following the lockdown in January.
We’ve created a trail to help celebrate spring and our baby animals. You can download the trail map here or we will have some available at the ticket office. Entries to the prize draw will be drawn weekly until the end of May!
There will be some restrictions to our normal delivery of service; the main points being:
- Only outdoor areas are open. All indoor areas, including the Reptile House, Elephant house and indoor play are closed.
- No animal keeper talks, or displays are permitted at this stage
- The Food Barn Café is open for takeaway service only meaning there is no indoor seating areas. We have provided undercover picnic areas.
- Our Gift Shop is open, you will need to wear a mask unless you are exempt, and we ask you to please follow social distance guidelines.
- For full details on Covid restrictions and how we are making your day safe, please read our Covid FAQ's
We have been busy over the last lockdown and have made many changes around the zoo including a revamp of our gift shop, resurfacing our disabled car park and refurbishing the toilets near the café.
Our newly refuribshed shop contains lots of new products including cuddly toys made from recycled plastic bottles and lots of other environmentally friendly gifts! There is a wider space and new flooring to provide visitors with better accessibility around the shop.
A new counter now provides two tills to help us serve visitors quickly and efficiently. We also have a small art Gallery area featuring original art work by Christina Bush.
We hope that you will enjoy these improvements and getting back to visiting us at the zoo.