What's on offer for your school trip...
- A free educational Animal Show in the indoor arena, featuring live animals and a chance to bottle-feed our lambs
- A selection of workshops linked to the National Curriculum in the indoor classroom
- Keeper talks including a Big Cat feeding talk and Giraffe feeding
- Fun, bumpy and educational tractor rides at £2 per adult and £1 per child
- A Hands-on approach to the animals; children can hold chicks and rabbits or buy some animal feed from our shop
- Farmyard animals as well as the big zoo animals... giraffes, rhinos, bison, red deer, lemurs, gibbons, birds of prey, camels and many, many more...
- Huge adventure playgrounds, indoor and outdoor
- Free Coach Parking, free entry and complimentary £5 cafe voucher for the driver
- Souvenirs and refreshments from the shop and cafe
- Free familiarisation visit for teachers
- Large indoor and outdoor picnic areas
- Risk Assessments
- First Aiders always available
- Health and Safety Guidance Notes
- Free teachers in a ratio of 1:5
- The Ark Exhibition - an optional informative exhibit looking at the scientific and geological evidence in support of the biblical tale of Noah's Ark
Don't just take it from us!
Just a handful of the many encouraging comments that we have received from teachers who have visited us recently...
"A very smooth educational visit due to well-organised helpful staff. All of the children loved the farm and learnt a lot." Emmaus School
"The trip was informative, educational and fun. We were all impressed with the friendly staff, the excellent facilities and the welfare of the animals. They are clearly loved and well looked after, resulting in happy, healthy animals." Rogerstone Primary School
"Our visit was too short, we could have stayed a lot longer!" Redland Primary School
"We had a very enjoyable visit and the children came back full of enthusiasm. Lots to do and plenty to see - a great day!" Hafod Primary School
"The children gained so much from the trip. The whole day was fun and informative. It was a good mix of meeting and learning about the animals, taking part in the animal show and enjoying lunch under cover." Old Sodbury Primary School
Teacher and Group Leader Resources
Below are the recommended downloads for teachers and schools: