Keeper Experience Terms & Conditions
- Noah's Ark reserves the right to alter the Keeper Experience itinerary on any given day due to changes to the collection at the Zoo, issues with the animal's health or welfare. If this does occur the Keeper Experience will be replaced with another task that is similar. Noah's Ark will always try to keep changes to a minimum. Some activities may have to be changed as time goes on so therefore may be different to what was advertised originally when purchasing.
- The Keeper Experience involves close contact and active work with a variety of large and potentially dangerous animals. Participants and sponsors must listen and obey the instructions given by our Keepers at all times, this is to ensure your safety and the safety of the animals. Failure to follow the instructions of our Keepers may result in the curtailment or alteration of your experience without a refund.
- The experiences run from Tuesday - Saturday, experiences are not valid on Sunday and Monday. The experiences include a day visit to the zoo for the keeper doing the experience and if applicable an adult accompanying them as a guest for the experience. The guest must be a responsible adult who must also have a reasonable level of fitness. There is no guest for the Big Cat experience for Health and Safety reasons, either one person or two people must participate.
- Only one guest is allowed for the Big Zoo Animals, Primates and Reptiles and Junior Keeper Experience. Additional guests are charged £50 per person as we do not allow too many people to go in with the animals at the same time. Guests are not allowed for the Big Cat Experience.
- Noah's Ark Zoo Farm is closed on Sunday therefore day tickets are not valid for this day.
- Unless otherwise stated, Keeper Experience vouchers are valid for one year from date of purchase. Before the expiry of the voucher the experience must be booked. It is suggested that the experience is booked at least 3 months before the preferred date to avoid disappointment and is the participant's responsibility to book in advance.
- The itinerary of the experience may be altered should weather conditions alter the suitability of the experience. Should severe weather conditions mean the experience is cancelled, Noah's Ark will notify you as soon as possible. If this occurs another suitable date will be arranged. Noah's Ark reserves the right to change any dates, times and animals of the Keeper Experience and any information gained from staff members, website or marketing material is only an approximate guide. Noah's Ark regrettably is not able to cover travel, accommodation or other related costs if a Keeper Experience date is cancelled.
- If requested a full refund will be given within 14 days of purchase of a 'Keeper Experience' providing a date has not been booked. Should a date have been booked refunds are not available unless due to exceptional circumstances. If a date has been booked and needs to be changed participants must give one months notice. All refunds are made to the card that the experience was originally booked on.
- Keeper Experience days are allocated on a first come first served basis. Until you have received your confirmation email or letter, please do not assume you experience is booked. The confirmation email or letter is required for the day as admission. If a confirmation email or letter is not received within 72 hours of booking please contact Noah's Ark immediately. Travel arrangements should not be made until a confirmation email or letter has been received. If you haven't received your booking confirmation within two weeks of booking or by an agreed date, please contact Noah's Ark Zoo Farm immediately.
- Once a date has been booked it can only be changed if one months notice has been given unless due to exceptional circumstances. If exceptional circumstances force the experience to be changed you must notify Noah's Ark immediately, otherwise you may risk losing it altogether. If a person arrives to do the experience who does not match our records they will not be allowed to do the experinence. You must contact Noah's Ark Zoo Farm to cancel an experience, even if it's on the morning or the day before. Please give as much notice as possible; you must have a valid reason to cancel an experience.
- Noah's Ark Zoo Farm does not generally extend a voucher's expiry, unless due to exceptional circumstances. A voucher can only be extended and must still be within its expiry date. The voucher cannot be refunded under any circumstances once the voucher has been extended.
- Exceptional circumstances, when issuing a refund are: injury, illness, jury duty, bereavement or pregnancy. When changing a date or extending a voucher exceptional circumstances are the same as above. Holidays, work commitments, trips away from home and the weather are not deemed to be exceptional circumstances.
- Noah's Ark Keeper Experience is subject to restrictions with health and safety. The responsibility for checking these before purchasing a Keeper Experience is down to the purchaser to ensure the participant is fully aware of any restrictions. Participants for primates and reptiles and the big zoo experience must be 10 years or over. Participants of the big cat experience must be aged 16 years or over. Participants for the Junior Keeper Experience must be between 6- 10 years old. There is no upper age limit, although participants will need a reasonable level of fitness to take part in the activities.
- Noah's Ark will make every effort to accommodate those with a disability or learning difficulty. Please contact Noah's Ark before purchasing a Keeper Experience for advice. If you are pregnant or have given birth in the last six months and you are unable to partake in a Keeper Experience, a refund is not available if a Keeper Experience has to be cancelled due to these restrictions not being met. We can extend the date of expiry for you instead.
- Participants of the Keeper Experience must arrive on time at 8am. If the participant is late we are unable to extend the two hour experience and participants will have to have a shorter experience. Noah's Ark reserves the right to ask any participant to leave site should they behave in an inappropriate or unsafe manner.
If you have any questions regarding the above Terms and Conditions, please feel free to contact the office.